Saturday 10 September 2011

Gluten Free Shopping and Cooking

Its a real challenge to move from a wheat free diet and I have been doing my own trial on myself to see what its like for my clients... ITS HARD! However I am determined to make this healthy shift and try and make it as easy as I can.

Remember though its tempting to buy the ready made products you are still feeding your body food thats been preserved or has artificial preservatives. Where practical try and make your own snacks. I know this is hard with a busy lifestyle!

Firstly where do you buy products from?

I found a Gluten Free Directory which was extremely comprehensive from where to shop, online shopping, cafes etc.

I had a flick through some of the online resources  (I am not a fan of shopping unless its a farmer's market!)  I looked at Aussie Health Products and they were a little expensive but they had a great range so that was my final choice.  However for Victorians, Three Ducks has both a shop and an online option and though variety was low prices were okay. Nutritional Harmony didn't give me the Gluten free selection I wanted.

A good store of recipes can be found at Gluten-free Goddess.

No comments:

Post a Comment